A bad credit score can have major repercussions for your finances. Until you get that number up, you might have a difficult time buying a house or a car, getting a bank loan, or qualifying for a credit card. Some employers even look at prospective hires’ credit scores before making job offers. And of course, if you get into tax trouble, credit problems could limit your access to the funds you’ll need to pay the IRS what you owe. But bad credit doesn’t have to stay that way. Here are a few strategies you can use to improve your score:
- Pay your bills on time.
- Use credit cards judiciously.
- Try not to let your credit card balance get too high.
- Keep current accounts rather than opening new ones.
- Maintain a stable job and residence, if possible.
- Ask to have any mistakes on your credit report resolved promptly.
Taxation Solutions, Inc. will be here for you whenever bad credit woes affect your tax payment status. We’re the Memphis region’s best choice for tax resolution services, with more than 40 years of experience under our belts. Whether you’ve been hit with a tax penalty, you want to negotiate a tax settlement, or you are having other tax problems, we’re standing by to step in. Give us a call today to learn more!